Q: Is there anything you dislike about being a wedding florist and stylist?
A: I can't say there is, it is nice when I have assistance to bleach the buckets and clean down all the equipment though!
Q: What is your personal favorite flower?
A: haha! though question because I have personal favorites for different seasons, rooms in my own home or even the occasion for example. Short answers:
1. I love love love Peony season, their scent and fluffiness - Peonies everywhere!
2. A Cora Anderson Floristry wedding, wouldn't go without a Hydrangea making an appearance somewhere when able.
3. Roses. A whole bracket of favs here too!
- White Norma Jeans, my favorite scented rose - they smell like turkish delight (a fav treat of mine). Love.
- As tacky as it may seem, I have a real soft spot for Grand Prix Red Roses - I tend to have a simple vase of 20 stems in my bedroom each fortnight, unless I take home more seasonal florals.
- David Austin Roses, Just because they are beaut and smell amazing too.
4. Carnations. Yes, you heard correctly! Carnations are among my favorite bread of flowers. They get a bad reputation as petrol station tat, however they bring so much to the table visually and with economical values. Random fact! I recently read that they were also Oscar De La Renta's Favs too, featuring heavily in prints on fabrics for their designs.
Okay I have probably bored you now, very long winded favorite flower answer. Moving on!
Q: What color palettes do you love working with?
A: In regards to this, I am very open minded. I do love a classical white wedding and a more bolder look of Jewel tones or varied pinks.